High profile patient monitoring - another monitoring just does not make any sense.
It is well known that monitoring of the patient's vital signs at all stages of hospital treatment in acute situations is extremely important nowadays. Monitoring is required for patient transporting from accident site to the hospital for providing first-line care, for hospital emergency departments (Emergency Department (ED), Emergency Room (ER)), Preoperative Area, Operating room (OR), Postoperative Unit (PACU), Intensive Care Unit (ICU, CCU), for patient reallocation between care units within the hospital. At each of these stages a different set of monitored parameters is required, ensuring necessary level of monitoring the situation. Each specific clinical situation dictates specific requirements for the dimensions of devices, their weight, method of visualization, period of autonomous work. Besides at all stages of treatment patient monitoring information must be stored, continuous for all patient reallocations between care units and available for remote viewing both in real time and historic perspective.
UTAS UniViewer patient continuous universal monitoring solution suggests complete and flexible solution of monitoring tasks at all stages of patient management, both in the acute phase of treatment and during recovery.
Hospital monitoring system is constructed directly by the user in a clinical department depending on the required scope of monitoring by selecting one or combining several devices:
- Full-sized flat-panel patient monitor UM 300-15 (display 15 "), with touch screen, embedded basic parameters (ECG, SpO2, NIBP, Temp, RR) and a set of UniPort universal ports to connect expanded functions modules (modules - in - cable)
- Vital functions module - UM 300-10 portable patient monitor (Display 10 ") with touch screen and basic parameters (ECG, SpO2, NIBP, Temp, RR)
- Expanded functions modules - a set of measurement modules (module -in- cable) providing monitoring of invasive pressure (IBP), capnometry (CO2), gas mixture composition during inhalation anesthesia (AAg), the depth of anesthesia (BIS), measurement of cardiac output (thermodilution), minimally invasive (PiCCO) and noninvasive (ICG) hemodynamic monitoring, monitoring of respiratory mechanics parameters, the degree of muscle relaxation and other specialized modules
- Central station UNET™ is designed for centralized monitoring of vital patient information received from several monitors, patient database creation.
Simultaneous use of all system elements allows receiving patients information in the right place, at the right time and in the right volume.
During patient in-hospital transportation information from UM 300-10 portable patient monitor is received by the UNET™ via wireless connection. Further at patient's arrival in the operating room, connection is established between UM 300-10 and UM 300-15 monitors synchronizing monitoring parameters. Data transfer with extended parameters continues from UM 300-15 patient monitor to Central Station via both wire and wireless connection.
Information received by Central station is accumulated in patient database and can be transmitted both to any network monitor and other Central station.
Continuous access to the patient database is provided by:
- Bed-to-bed Viewer — review of monitored parameters from one UM series patient network monitor on any other network monitor
- UniViewer — remote access to the monitored patient parameters from any network monitor in real time mode or in trends.
Using UniViewer system the monitored patient information is continuous and stored in a single database and doctors can quickly assess the patient status even in remote mode.
UTAS Co. years of experience in patient monitors development and close collaboration with leading clinics as well as analysis of current trends in organization of in-hospital processes are fully embodied in the new concept of continuous monitoring particularly in UM series of patient monitors. First of all, the main focus is on the application of advanced and proven vital parameters measuring technologies. Thus UM series patient monitors already in basic configuration offer a range of high-reliable technologies, namely:
- Nellcor OxiMax™ pulse oximetry technology
- SatSeconds™ (Nellcor) alarms system technology - clinically based system minimizing false alarms
- SMART-NIBP non-invasive blood pressure measurement technology.